February 6, 2013

Sublime Text 2 for C/C++ development

I've decided to use VIM for my development. Although I installed it long time ago, I have not gave it a shot. On the other hand, I started using Sublime. The beginning was like notepad++ feeling, what does sublime offer more, I marveled. That's been itching my conscience and therefore I watched few tutorials and opened Sublime Text Cheat Sheet. Since that moment, I've pleasantly been using it with much more effectivity. Here I present most used shortcuts which makes my development faster ( take it as is, because I am still learning).

This document covers a lot, but I recommend to watch tutorials
Tutplus.com Sublime [tutsplus.com]

After you complete it, check this and write down (memorize) which you consider important.
Sublime Text Cheat [pastebin.com]

Plugins make sublime powerful, I use so far these - Linter (with cppcheck), CodeIntel, Bracket Highlighter.

The only problem I had, was to set up cppcheck in Linter, paste this into user settings for Linter (path to cppcheck)
{

"sublimelinter": "load-save",

"sublimelinter_executable_map": {

"c" : "C:/Program Files/Cppcheck/cppcheck.exe",

"c++" : "C:/Program Files/Cppcheck/cppcheck.exe"

},

"sublimelinter_gutter_marks": true,

"sublimelinter_popup_errors_on_save": true,

"sublimelinter": "save-only"

}


Happy coding and don't use a mouse, use a keyboard with shortcuts!